openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hebrew translation
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:47:38 GMT
On 12/14/12 8:54 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 Shirley Khamani wrote:
>> Will be happy to help
>> Shirley Khamani
>
> Welcome, Shirley! Hebrew is a language where we definitely need help,
> and the user interface translation is at 92% so it would even be
> feasible to have it translated by the next deadline (31st December or
> so) and release OpenOffice 3.4.1 in Hebrew in January.
>
> In order to translate you will need to receive the "PO files". Juergen,
> our release manager, will very likely send them to you early next week,
> please write again if you don't receive them.
>
> In the meantime, there are a couple things you should do:
>
> 1) Please subscribe to the localization mailing list or you will miss
> messages. To subscribe, just send an empty e-mail to
> l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
> message you will receive. If traffic is too high, remember that you can
> also subscribe to a "daily digest" (1 message per day) and ask us in case.
>
> 2) Read this page: http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html ; it
> describes the translation process and it will allow you to be
> immediately productive when you receive the PO files early next week.

po files Hebrew can be found under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo341_he_po-files.tar.bz2

- helpcontent2 is contained as well but can be ignored for now, it
contains the help files
- basic/source/app.po can be ignored as well, it contains the not longer
used testtool strings, already removed for AOO 4.0

Juergen