openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Icelandic
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 19:45:50 GMT
Hi and thanks!

On 2 December 2012 09:41, Gisli Kristjansson <alloutnow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is there any group now working towards an Icelandic translation?  If so, I
> would like to participate.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gísli

I do hope there is interest in an Icelandic localization effort. There
ought to be now, especially as the government has made a lot of noise
about openness, freedom, software, accountability--and even put those
words (in Icelandic) in a sentence, I believe, or wish to believe.

Oddly, during OOo days, there was no consistent Icelandic
localization. I can hunt around and see what there was--it's all on
the Web, in archives for the NLC groups and l10n list--but I remember
being more frustrated by the lack than awed by the abundance of
interest.

But that was then.

Please let me know what I can do to help out a little.

BTW, from about 2007 on, but especially in 2008 and for every
succeeding year, I kept promoting the idea of a Nordic Native Language
group that would help those efforts otherwise lacking in human
resource, marketing effort, etc.

-louis

--
---