openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Icelandic
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:31:57 GMT
2012/12/2 janI <jani@apache.org>

> @rob:
>
> How can we check the state of dictionaries / thesaurus / hyphen ?
>
> Translation is a big issue, but I have an idea the rest is even bigger ?
>
> Pootle server is only for translation (if I am correct), so the other parts
> are updated how ?
>
> Jan I.

As most dictionaries have incompatible licenses (most of them are LGPL)
they are external projects. In fact, the same spell dictionaries are used
by other projects, like firefox (at least, that's the situation with the
Spanish dictionaries developed by the project "Recursos lingüísticos
abiertos del español"(1)). The situation is similar for the thesaurus and
AFAIK the hyphenation patterns comes from LaTeX, so we have no control on
any of them.

Regards
Ricardo

(1) https://forja.rediris.es/projects/rla-es/