openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Kadal Amutham <vka...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Welcome everyone
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 16:08:53 GMT
I have checked the source files for Tamil translation. The files were not
prepared properly. It may not display Tamil text in a readable way. I want
to contact the person / team preparing the files. A sample page where some
Tamil text is posted can be found at 3frames.in/kadal/NeeKadavulaa-II
where Tamil text is used.
With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>
Date: 2 December 2012 21:05
Subject: Re: Welcome everyone
To: marketing@openoffice.apache.org

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Kadal Amutham <vkadal@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not know whether this is the correct place to discuss this problem.
>
> I visited the http://www.openoffice.org/ta/ page where the Tamil
characters
> are not displayed properly. If some one give me the html file, I can
> correct it and send it back to you, so that it can be put back in the web.
> It is not easy to read in the current format

The source for the Tamil pages are here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/ta/

While you are editing the page, maybe also add a "call for
volunteers".  See what we did for the Hindi page:

http://www.openoffice.org/hi/

You could add something similar, in English or Tamil (a translator
would need to know English, of course).  The Tamil UI translation is
93% complete.

-Rob

> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
>
> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
>

> On 2 December 2012 14:45, Graham Lauder <yo@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> > Ubuntu has a place http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com where one can submit
new
>> > ideas for the improvement of Ubuntu. Is there any place for AOO? I want
>> > submit a small idea for AOO
>> >
>> > With Warm Regards
>> >
>> > V.Kadal Amutham
>> > 919444360480
>> >

>> Are you talking UI enhancment, code enhancement, Marketing UX or what.
 The
>> usual place is the DEV List or you can raise an issue on Bugzilla or you
>> can
>> put something on the wiki if it's UX or describe it here.  At Apache
>> everything is on the Lists, "if it's not on the lists, it didn't happen."
>>  If
>> you have a proposal, prefix your subject line with [PROPOSAL] or you want
>> discuss something, then do the same with [DISCUSS].
>>
>> Cheers
>> GL

>> Over

 My