openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: communications/workflow for new languages
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:31:45 GMT
On 2/22/13 3:06 PM, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2013/2/22 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>:
>> On 2/22/13 1:57 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> +1, a more streamlined approach is a good idea. And with the changes Jan
>> is working on, we can improve or adapt this process to optimize it.
>
> Sorry my away, but i have doubts in the next step, to maintain a
> localization, mainly in pootle.
>
> One point asked by me in other time was for translators without
> "commiter flag" accessing Pottle.
>
> Other point was a political about contributions inside pootle, like
> used in Launchpad translator part, where all contributions are made
> under BSD license, giving chance of to rescue translations from other
> projects hosted there, i.e., if I have a project there, is possible to
> translate using strings from other projects, giving a big translation
> database.
>
> Do we evolved some thing in this questions?

I don't think so, at least not in detail. Please correct me if anybody
knows more. But nothing is fixed and if it's possible to reuse existing
strings or share strings with other projects, it make perfect sense from
my pov. I believe we are very open here. In the end we need a working
and intuitive process that is easy for the translators.

Input, help and ideas are always welcome.

Juergen