openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: communications/workflow for new languages
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:00:58 GMT
On 22 February 2013 15:31, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/13 3:06 PM, Claudio Filho wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > 2013/2/22 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>:
> >> On 2/22/13 1:57 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> >> +1, a more streamlined approach is a good idea. And with the changes Jan
> >> is working on, we can improve or adapt this process to optimize it.
> >
> > Sorry my away, but i have doubts in the next step, to maintain a
> > localization, mainly in pootle.
> >
> > One point asked by me in other time was for translators without
> > "commiter flag" accessing Pottle.
> >
> > Other point was a political about contributions inside pootle, like
> > used in Launchpad translator part, where all contributions are made
> > under BSD license, giving chance of to rescue translations from other
> > projects hosted there, i.e., if I have a project there, is possible to
> > translate using strings from other projects, giving a big translation
> > database.
> >
> > Do we evolved some thing in this questions?
>
> I don't think so, at least not in detail. Please correct me if anybody
> knows more. But nothing is fixed and if it's possible to reuse existing
> strings or share strings with other projects, it make perfect sense from
> my pov. I believe we are very open here. In the end we need a working
> and intuitive process that is easy for the translators.
>
> Input, help and ideas are always welcome.

At current (based on work of the update of translate-vm) we are able to
share strings within the asf community and anybody else accepting our
license.

The bsd license is not valid for our installation (but  it is for the
general version), we accept only our ICLA license (committers only).

HOWEver, I hope with the new infra structure to provide a platform for
non-committers to use pootle in a motivating way, this depend however on a
vote in the community.

rgds
Jan I