openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject I need translator quotes for blog post on International Mother Language Day
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:51:47 GMT
International Mother Language Day is an international  observance,
promoted by UNESCO, to promote awareness of linguistic diversity.
IMLD will be February 21st, just 10 days from now.  We plan to
celebrate it with a blog post, a website banner, etc.

I think we have a good story to tell here, with the importance of open
source software, like OpenOffice, to support languages that the big
vendors would otherwise ignore.

In the blog post I'd love to include some comments from our
translators, especially translators who have worked on regional or
minority languages.  I don't need anything lengthy -- a sentence or
two or even a paragraph is fine.  But it would be good to say to the
reader, why it is important to have OpenOffice translated into your
language?  What does this mean for speakers of that language?  Why is
this a good thing for your community?   Something like that.

If you could post a quote I can use to the list (or to me off-line)
*before the end of this week* I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Rob