openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Kid" language
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:34:02 GMT
Hi Claudio,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:12:24AM -0300, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is a email from "newbies revolutionaries". ;-)
>
> I (finally) did a funcional build and did the kid lang pack for my
> env, but i found a problem: how enable this "language" ? For this, I
> removed my other lang packs (en-US and pt-BR).
>
> I remember that when i changed the code to insert pt-BR in OOo, was
> necessary add this language in the source.
>
> Or someone have other suggestion?

IIRC the time I build a KID, the language pack does not work, you have
to build a full installation set. I also found the KID thing not helpful
at all. IMO it is more useful to set the environment variable HELP_DEBUG

export HELP_DEBUG=1

it will show you the help ids of all UI elements and dialogs (with it
controls); this, combined with extended help tips enabled (Tools
- Options - General), is rather useful: you can search in pootle for the
respective help id.

So IMHO help ids are more helpful: screenshot of File - Export as PDF...

http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/HelpIDs.png

Once you have the help ID, search in Pootle by locations
CB_REDUCEIMAGERESOLUTION:
https://translate.apache.org/es/OOo_34/translate.html?search=CB_REDUCEIMAGERESOLUTION&sfields=locations

The green color is also useful for localization, together with other
features of a Non-product build: you can see when a dialog has the same
mnemonics for different controls, when controls overlap,
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Non_Product_Build

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile