openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: communications/workflow for new languages
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:14:46 GMT
Il 03/03/2013 19:43, janI wrote:
> On 3 March 2013 19:01, Kadal Amutham<vkadal@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to download  the text to be translated and send me as a
>> spreadsheet? A lot of time is wasted while my browser updates between each
>> line of translation
>>
> If you do work offline, I would advice strongly against anything other than
> a speciliazed .po file editing tool like poedit.

I totally agree with Jan. Working offline is the supported way; it is
more difficult, but we are here to help and all the recently released
translations have been done this way.

So, if you prefer to download files, your steps are:
1) Install POEdit (from http://www.poedit.net/ or otherwise, depending
on your operating system). If on Windows, install http://www.7-zip.org/ too.
2) Download the Tamil files from here:
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo341_ta_po-files.tar.bz2 and
expand the archive.
3) Open each file with POEdit, translate and save.
4) When you are done, write again and we will take care of integrating
your translations.

Regards,
   Andrea.