openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Aivaras Stepukonis <astepuko...@gmail.com>
Subject Correlating Lithuanian translation with the GUI of OO
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:57:37 GMT
Hello,

So far I've quite comfortable working with Poedit within its own range
of possibilities. What's essentially lacking though is a way of
correlating my translations with the actual GUI of OO.

I'm running into many instances when I simply have to know more of the
context than a given string can actually provides in order to get not
just the concepts right but also the right order of words, declination
endings, etc. One way of grappling with this situations is by
juxtaposing my translation with those in German, Russian, and Polish
(the languages I know besides my native) but it is not satisfactory.

Is there a tool / technique / special OO build or extension that would
held me locate the translated strings cur in the GUI of OO?

Regards,

Aivaras