openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mos mos : slowly slowly
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:02:00 GMT
On 02/03/2013 rain wrote:
> Forgive me for my big mistake.
> What I would like is to build a database with DHOLUO words plus their
> equivalent ENGLISH words,

Thank you George, I thought a bit about this but in the end the solution
you have now, i.e., the list of expressions in a two-column table, seems
the best solution. We don't have translation facilities available
withing OpenOffice.

> I would wholeheartedly appreciate every kind of suggestion from you.

OpenOffice does not currently have any kind of support for Dholuo, and
you could help in making Dholuo known to OpenOffice (no translation
involved: it just means that OpenOffice will know that there exists a
language named Dholuo - or Luo).

To do this, you should provide information about your language (for
example, is 1000/3 written "333,33" or "333.33"?) as explained in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/How_to_submit_new_Locale_Data

There is a link to a "generator" on that page. You will receive a lot of
warnings but it still works. When you have generated an appropriate file
for Dholuo (it seems it's listed under "Luo") please send it to us and
we will integrate it in OpenOffice so that at least you can, for
example, say that a document is written in Dholuo, even if there isn't a
dictionary available yet.

Regards,
   Andrea.