openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Small concern about the translation corruption
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:27:20 GMT
Am Freitag, 15. März 2013 um 19:38 schrieb risto.i.j@saunalahti.fi:
> Hello!
> I have noticed that in Apache OpenOffice 3.5.0 test version has somehow corrupted Finnish
UI texts. Yet those lines were correct previously in Pootle and in published version (3.4.1).
> Is there any possibility that those corrupted lines are going to final version or is
there some better way?
> I don't know who and how this corruption is made but I am quite sure that there is nobody
who will correct again and again same already translated lines without prober salary.

> Test version:
> http://www.saunalahti.fi/rjaaskel/1/Menu/OOo/Tunnistus.gif
>
> Example of corruption:
> http://www.saunalahti.fi/rjaaskel/1/Menu/OOo/Puute1.gif

I assume it is the result of some reorganization and moving of strings. This is sometimes
necessary to do some clean up. The translated resources for AOO 4.0 are not yet adapted and
we have that on our plan. We will have new strings as well. I hope there will be volunteers
who are interested to help with the translation again to make AOO 4.0 available in Finish.

Juergen