openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Serg Bormant <borm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Kid" language
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 04:58:19 GMT
Hi janl,

kid is very usefull, especially for offline translation and moreover with
separate build when adding key IDs to the language of translation. We can
simply grep for key ID on the .po tree to identify the one msgstr from
large set. For ex., in Russian we need to differ verbs with nouns because
they has different translations, so verb Print is "Печатать", but the
same noun in dialog title is "Печать" and so on. With kid we can find the
right target "Print" in list of others.

I thought it was a feature our testers used a lot, so I have prepared
genLang with a "kid switch" so it later can be expanded to generate the
keys.

It's very important to and heavily used by at least Russian team.

--
wbr, sb

--
wbr, sb