openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Language codes ???
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 23:47:30 GMT
Hi

I am (as usual confused). I have merged translation files from our sources,
sdf files and pottle. I have the following codes (directories):

af          brx       dz        eu  he     ka  ky     my  om       ro
sk    tr          ts            zu
ar          bs        el         fa   hi     kab  lt      nb   or
ru       sl     sw_TZ  ug
as         ca        en_AU  fi    hr     kk   lv      ne   pa_IN    rw
so    ta         uk
ast        ca_XV  en_GB  fr    hu    km  mai   nl    pap      sa_IN  son
te         uz
be_BY  cs         en_US  fur  id     kn   mk   nn    pl        sat
sq    tg         ve
bg        cy         en_ZA  ga   is     ko   ml    nr     ps       sc
sr    th          vi
bn        da         eo        gd   it     kok  mn   nso  pt
sd       ss    tk         xh
bo        de         es        gl    ja    ks    mni  ny    pt_BR  sh
st    tlh         zh_CN
br         dgo       et        gu    jbo  ku    mr   oc     pyg
si        sv    tn          zh_TW

(All the po files are available in "branches/l10n/main/l10ntools/lang" once
svn is finished)

Where  can I find the relation between the directory names and the
languages (human names), someone (I think andrea) mentioned it was country
codes ?

I expected dialects within a language to be written as e.g. es_XX, and I
know there is an ongoing effort on translating to
   Catalan Euskadi and Gallego
but I cannot find, so I am afraid I have missed something for my test.
(personal note, to my friends up north, sorry for using the word "dialect",
but spain is still one country)

I am also a bit puzzled about pt_BR and ca_XV (google just gave me LO as
answer).

thanks a lot in advance for any help.
rgds
jan I.