openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: communications/workflow for new languages
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 18:06:08 GMT
On 1 March 2013 17:55, Kadal Amutham <vkadal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I have no other choice than wait , till Jan, a long way to go.....
>

There is no problem in you (or others) translating, there is not a stop
sign active. Translators have been translating using either offline tools
(like poedit) or pootle for quite some time, and will continue to do so for
some time.

What is happening, is that I am changing the infrastructure of translation
in steps:
1) change the tools to extract/merge the texts from the source and convert
to/from .po files for translation.
    This work is slowly comming to the stage where it can go into
production.
2) change the pootle version to 2.5 when it is released.
    However how we exactly are going to use it, is something the community
in general has to discuss.

Technically I have "frozen" the translations, in order to work on a non
changing set of files, but if you in the meantime translate strings, those
strings can later be integrated, so they are not lost.

Regarding your suggestions (or offline translations), they can in theory
only be reviewed and committed by a committer is a native speaker, however
it is more important to have volunteers, so I have committed your change
(just as others did with my changes to Danish, before I became a committer).

Please keep up the good work it is really needed, and let me know if I can
assist you, with my limited knowledge.

have a nice day.
rgds
jan I.





>
> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
> 914422396480
>
>
> On 1 March 2013 22:00, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Kadal Amutham wrote:
> >
> >> I am able to modify few translation and press the suggest buttons. Are
> >> these suggestions will be reviewed, and found better, accepted?
> >>
> >
> > No. They will very likely be ignored (in theory we might use them, but we
> > -Jan, actually- are still working on an optimal workflow). This is the
> > reason why I was saying to wait for the new configuration to be active.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Andrea.
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message