openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Editing localedata
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 16:12:17 GMT
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 03:03:26PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 5/10/13 10:58 PM, risto.i.j@saunalahti.fi wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have find out that some localized strings are outside Pootle-system in
> > code directories.  For example era-strings and Boolean true/false
> > -strings are in file:
> > ..\main\i18npool\source\localedata\data\fi_FI.xml
> >
> > What has happen in Finland: there was some earlier version (1.X or
> > something like that) where there was tranlated Calc-function names.
> > Users don't like that and so function names in Calc are since then in
> > English. Unfortunaltely nobody knew how change Boolean TOSI and EPÄTOSI
> > back to English true and false. So they are still in Finnish.
> >
> > <LC_MISC>
> >    <ReservedWords>
> >      <trueWord>Tosi</trueWord>
> >      <falseWord>Epätosi</falseWord>
> >      <quarter1Word>1. neljännes</quarter1Word>
> >      <quarter2Word>2. neljännes</quarter2Word>
>
> you mean it should be
>
> <LC_MISC>
>     <ReservedWords>
>       <trueWord>True</trueWord>
>       <falseWord>False</falseWord>

This should be in lower case, true and false. And this change will have
impact on the number formatter, at a global level, of course, not only
in Calc. Was such a change agreed in the Finish community?

Technical note: the locale data file triggers some warnings

file generated=../../../unxlngx6/misc/localedata_fi_FI.cxx
parsing document fi_FI started

Warning: LongDateYearSeparator is empty. Usually this is not the case
and may lead to concatenated display names like "Wednesday, 2007May 9".

Warning: QuotationStart equals QuotationEnd. Not necessarily an error,
but unusual.

Warning: DoubleQuotationStart equals DoubleQuotationEnd. Not necessarily
an error, but unusual.

Warning: QuotationStart may be wrong: U+2019 ’

Warning: DoubleQuotationStart may be wrong: U+201D ”

Warning: ReservedWord trueWord seems to be untranslated "true".

Warning: ReservedWord falseWord seems to be untranslated "false".
parsing document fi_FI finished

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile