openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Problem with sw/source/ui/config.po (print options in nb, eu and more)
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 12:32:28 GMT
It seems that the file
sw/source/ui/config.po
contains wrong translations in at least Norwegian (nb) and Basque (eu).

Strings at first sight seem correct but misplaced: for example, the
string "Comments" is translated in both languages (in 3.4.1) with an
unrelated, much longer, explanation, see
https://translate.apache.org/nb/OOo_34/translate.html?unit=8287582
https://translate.apache.org/eu/OOo_34/translate.html?unit=11336749

This results in a extra-long Print Options dialog which is the most
visible effect, but apparently we have several out-of-place translations
in file sw/source/ui/config.po even in the 4.x PO files:
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo40_ui_nb_po-files.zip
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/aoo40_ui_eu_po-files.zip

For example, whatever that means, "Hainbat erretilu dituzten
inprimagailuetan, aukera honek erabiliko den paperaren erretilua
sistemako inprimagailuaren ezarpenak zehaztutakoa den edo ez zehazten
du." is surely not a translation for "All pages" and there are several
strings in a similar situation.

Do we have some problems with that file? Are other languages affected
too? A screenshot showing the problem is here:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61301#p271363

Regards,
   Andrea.