openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tamil Translation
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 13:46:37 GMT
On 10/05/2013 Kadal Amutham wrote:
> the following can be used
> "List of Functions by Category" is translated into "வகைவாரியாக செயல்களிள்
> பட்டியல் (List of Functions by Category) "

This won't work. In all translations we remove the English original; you
are right, this may lead to terminology confusion, but keeping the
original English version is not a solution. For example, this would
break many dialogs where we have a hard-coded string length (meaning
that something twice as long as the English version would be displayed
partially or badly, e.g., "cut" strings).

So I recommend that you try with Tamil-only strings and that when you
are done we produce a build for you to test, to do the final fixes.

Regards,
   Andrea.