openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tamil Translation
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 04:54:27 GMT
On 5/17/13 6:19 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> Let me explain a bit about Tamil language
>
> Assume I want to translation the following sentence
>
> Kadal is translating  g AOO from English to Tamil.
>
> The translate sentence will be as follows.
> கடல் ஆங்கிலதிலிருந்து தமிழுக்கு
 மொழிபெயர்க்கிறார்

> I am not sure what will happen for the following statement
>
> In chart edit mode, you see the <link
> href=\"text/schart/main0202.xhp\">Formatting Bar</link> for charts near the
> upper border of the document. The Drawing Bar for charts appears near the
> lower border of the document. The Drawing Bar shows a subset of the icons
> from the <link href=\"text/simpress/main0210.xhp\">Drawing</link> toolbar
> of Draw and Impress.

xml tags like <link href=\"text/schart/main0202.xhp\"> </link> will be
not translated. For example

<link href=\"text/schart/main0202.xhp\">Formatting Bar</link> you should
translate "Formatting Bar" only. The xml tags are not visible later when
the text is shown. They will converted in a link in the help system.
Means "Formatting Bar" or the translation of this will be converted into
a link.

Juergen