openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updated Swedish Dictionary
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 21:19:47 GMT
On 22/05/2013 Göran Andersson wrote:
>> 1) Send me the updated dictionary files (if they are the same as in the
>> link you sent earlier, just confirm it and I will take them from there)
> You could use version 2.16 from the link. I will not release any updates
> before the OO 4.0 release unless someone has  suggestions for improvement.

OK, thanks. I've now uploaded a new release of that extension:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/5959/release

>> 4) I'll update the sources to include the latest version in OpenOffice 4.x.

This is done too:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1486367
Thanks for testing the new dictionaries in 4.x.

> Hunspell v1.3.x, as linked into OpenOffice 3.4.1 and 4.x, is fine!

OK. I've raised the extension requirements to OpenOffice 3.4.1 or later,
so people won't complain due to limitations of old OpenOffice versions.

> Since you asked, I have two minor wishes though:
> 1) The option "Check words with digits" should be enabled for Swedish. Is
> it possible to enable it by default in the Swedish build? Or at least to
> include a hint about this issue in the documentation for Swedish users?

The place for this would be somewhere under
http://www.openoffice.org/sv/
There's probably a lot to be changed there, including broken layout.
Feel free to suggest changes to those pages.

> 2) Colon should be included as a word character when checking Swedish text.
> (I understand that this probably won't be implemented in the near future...)

Right... Well, it helps to capture these problems in Bugzilla if you
can: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ and flag them as "enhancement". So
please open an issue about this and, while honestly it's unlikely to see
it addressed before 4.0, it can get addressed when we have volunteers
able to work on it.

Regards,
   Andrea.