openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: tips for translation of the presenter screen
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 08:11:52 GMT
On 5/31/13 8:03 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 5/31/13 8:01 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the presenter screen that is now integrated and not longer an extension
>> was already translated.
>>
>> I have stored a PresenterScreen.xcu file containing all available
>> translations on [1]. This can be used to speed up the work here.
>>
>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/PresenterScreen.xcu
>>

> if somebody has questions how to read such a config file and find the
> corresponding strings in the po (Pootle) please ask here on the list.

I found a further nice resource for formulas. I was not sure if for
example COUNTIFS or other functions should be translated or not. It
looked simply wrong to me, so I asked my colleagues and we did some
research ... Such function names are of course translated which is
really strange but anyway ...

I found http://de.excel-translator.de/ where you can find translations
of functiosn like COUNTIF, LEFTB, RIGHTB ...

I should stop working on translation for German, I think too much
English or use too many English words that normal to me ;-)

Juergen