openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Göran Andersson <goran.anders...@init.se>
Subject Re: Updated Swedish Dictionary
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 21:34:29 GMT
> 1) Send me the updated dictionary files (if they are the same as in the
> link you sent earlier, just confirm it and I will take them from there)

You could use version 2.16 from the link. I will not release any updates
before the OO 4.0 release unless someone has  suggestions for improvement.

> 3) I'd appreciate that a native speaker (like you!) has a look with the
> latest 4.x snapshot, to check that the extension works (I can do it too,
> but I can't judge on the dictionary quality)

I've tested the dictionaries (sv_SE and sv_FI) in the 4.x snapshot. Both
work as expected.
Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind if someone could give some feedback on the
linguistic qualities.

> 4) I'll update the sources to include the latest version in OpenOffice 4.x.

Thanks!

Nothing forbids from updating Hunspell in OpenOffice 4.x if desirable. We
> just need to be in contact and I'll need some specific test cases and
> feedback.

Hunspell v1.3.x, as linked into OpenOffice 3.4.1 and 4.x, is fine! (Well,
it could use some features to enable better suggestions, e.g. ordering the
suggestions according to word frequency.) However, hunspell in Openoffice
3.4 and older has some bugs that sometimes make the dictionary look
retarded.

Since you asked, I have two minor wishes though:

1) The option "Check words with digits" should be enabled for Swedish. Is
it possible to enable it by default in the Swedish build? Or at least to
include a hint about this issue in the documentation for Swedish users?
Test case: the words
   22-nanometertekniken
   33-årigen
should be underlined in red, but not
   22-nanometerstekniken
   33-åringen

2) Colon should be included as a word character when checking Swedish text.
This is just as important as including the apostrophe as a word character
when checking English text.
Test case: the two words
   Volvo:ns
   vd:erna
should be underlined in red (spanning the complete words including the
colon), but not the words
    vd:arna
    dvd:ns
(I understand that this probably won't be implemented in the near future...)