openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Göran Andersson <goran.anders...@init.se>
Subject Re: Updated Swedish Dictionary
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 14:20:38 GMT

>  You should consider replacing the ancient version 1.43 with the new one.
>>

> Would you consider to become the new maintainer of
> http://extensions.openoffice.**org/project/aoo-dict-sv<http://extensions.openoffice.org/project/aoo-dict-sv>?
> We will take the latest version of that extensions when we package
> OpenOffice 4.x

Does this mean that OpenOffice 4.x will include the old and incomplete
version of my Swedish hunspell dictionary unless someone agrees to be the
maintainer of the official extension? That would be very unfortunate.

For several reasons, I will not become the official maintainer any
OpenOffice extension. Perhaps you could find someone who understands
Swedish and is willing to test the new version of the dictionary? Then, if
the tests shows that the upgrade is worthwhile, maybe you, Andrea, could
update the extension?

Note: My dictionary is used by many other applications. E.g. LibreOffice
uses v2.14 and Google Chrome uses v2.12, so it's not completely untested.
Still, there are some differences in the tokenizers and hunspell versions
used by these applications, so a specific test of the dictionary in Apache
OpenOffice v3.4.1 or later is required. The hunspell version used by
OpenOffice 3.4.0 and older has a few severe bugs (e.g. resulting in
malformed words as suggestions) and missing features which are truly
essential when spellchecking Swedish texts.