openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A few words should not be translated in officecfg?
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 13:17:15 GMT
On 30/05/2013 Tsutomu Uchino wrote:
> I translated UI and help strings to Japanese and tried to build with them.
> With translated registry files, I got general error during the start
> up of the office and could not be started.
> It seems, the problem was caused by translated boolean value in the
> configuration file.

So, in short, we have a few literal "true" and "false" in the PO files
and on Pootle that should be left as they are since they could cause a
startup crash in the localized version, right?

Since they already slipped into the PO files and Pootle it would be
better to sanitize them when Juergen imports the 4.0 translations, if
feasible.

But any patches that mark these strings as "not to be translated" are
welcome too, so that we avoid the risk in future.

Regards,
   Andrea.