openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standardization of Translation
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 19:47:03 GMT
Kadal Amutham wrote:
> I am writing this w.r.t Tamil translation. This may apply to other
> languages too. For example, I am translation a word "Bar" into Tamil.  If I
> refer any English to Tamil dictionary  I will get 5 words, which closely
> mean bar. I may be choosing one, and another translator may chose another.

It applies to all languages and what you propose is called a "glossary"
facility. We are discussing it on the dev list. Jan is planning to
implement it in Pootle, starting with a glossary provided by Claudio for
Brazilian Portuguese. Then we can probably extend it to other languages too.

Regards,
   Andrea.