openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Polish translation of Sidebar
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:48:33 GMT
On 6/3/13 1:34 PM, Mateusz . wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:51:17 +0200
>> From: jogischmidt@gmail.com
>> To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Polish translation of Sidebar
>>
>> On 6/3/13 12:30 PM, Mateusz . wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I translated sidebar in LibreOffice which (how we know) comes from AOO4. I see
your project suffer from lack of Polish translators so I thought it would be fair, giving
back something from LO community.

>>> I downloaded ZIP file from Pootle and looked for "sidebar.po" files. All files
are included in attachment. Today we anticipate LO 4.1 beta2 release and I am about to farther
polish our translation. If you are going to use them I can send you these files after every
update.

>>> http://www.fastshare.org/download/Polish_sidebar_.zip
>>>

>> Hi Mateusz,
>>
>> we appreciate very much your help. To accept your patches (po files) we
>> need some written approval from you that you contribute your work under
>> the ALv2 to AOO. Ideally a signed iCLA. The iCLA at Apache is often put
>> in the wrong context and misunderstood. It is an assurance for all users
>> of any Apache software that the work/contribution is made by the
>> contributor of this piece of work and not copied or made by from anybody
>> else.
>>

>> I hope you don't see this as hurdle for your contribution. A iCLA is
>> especially important if you plan to contribute some translation on a
>> regular basis in the future.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Juergen
>

> Hey
>
> To be honest with you I don't want send my data to any organization. I specially crate
this e-mail alias to get more anonymity (and less spam), and suddenly someone want my last
name and home address. Of course I dont assume that Apache will sell my personal data, but
this dealing is just against my privacy policy.

this is fair enough and we will respect this

 There is another problem. According to
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt i must send back scan of
statement, but I don't have scanner. For now I really can only send
e-mail with license statement. I think about iCLA in near future.

> So, where should I send statement?

please send for now en email to this list or even better create an issue
where you attach the po files and put a note about the license in the issue.

Thanks

Juergen