openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Translation application on GSoC
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 08:48:36 GMT
On 04/06/2013 Marcos Chavarría Teijeiro wrote:
> Last month I apply to Google Summer of Code with a project about
> redesigning and rewriting Gtranslator in Vala. The project has
> been accepted! Now I write you to ask for advice and ideas about
> what you think this new application should have or don't have.

Hi, I don't think that many of our translators are using GTranslator, so
I can't give you a proposed list of improvements over what GTranslator
already offers.

Reading
http://aquelando.info/gsoc-gtranslator-redesign-proposal/
it seems you have some interesting ideas. I would maybe add the
possibility for heuristic checks like Pootle has (i.e., checking that
XML snippets are well-formed, so that there is a matching closing tag
for open tags; or checking that a string containing the number "12345"
contains it even when translated; or checking that a 2-words string is
not translated with a 100-words string).

When you have something to look at, feel free to post here again, and
maybe some of our translators will want to give your tool a try.

Regards,
   Andrea.