openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repetitive words / group of words
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 05:56:02 GMT
On 6/12/13 6:25 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> While translating into Tamil, I find many words / group of words appear,
> repeatedly.  Even there is are requirement to translate words like - A, B.
> C etc. Can those be avoided?

repeated words are of course not avoidable. The reason is that they are
used in different contexts and the process how to retrieve such a
translated string later on in the source is often somewhat automated and
depends on the control and the control name for example.

I agree that it is sub-optimal but with a translation memory it should
be much easier in the future.

Juergen