openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Mnemonics (in Slovak version and possibly others)
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:12:40 GMT
I had a look at what mnemonics look like in the Slovak snapshot
(actually not the snapshot but my own build, this should be tested with
the snapshot from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets

too).

See http://imagebin.org/261279 and note:

- Not all the main menu items (here in Writer) are assigned a mnemonic.
This should be checked.

- Within the menus, it seem that the algorithm assigns mnemonics
correctly (Michal, do you remember if you used the ~ signs or not? Maybe
you can check in Pootle). There is a conflict in the open menu ("Polia",
where all letters are already taken, is not assigned any menmonics) but
all the items above and below are OK.

I wonder if these mnemonics are assigned in a suboptimal way by the VCL
algorithm, if main menus are missing because the algorithm does not
apply to them, if non-ASCII characters get in the way, if it is just
something in my build... This is definitely something to investigate better.

Regards,
   Andrea.