openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Single Printout
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:26:35 GMT
Andre Fischer wrote:
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Mnemonics_Localisation#How_the_mnemonics_are_assigned
> Is this "no accelerators" rule still active? Even in languages where
> automatic selection of accelerators work, can that not break
> documentation? I mean, can adding a new string lead to all accelerators
> being redefined?

As far as I know, documentation is not mentioning accelerators in
general, but only shortcuts (CTRL-S and similar).

> And there is point 3 in section 1.1 in the Mnemonics_Localisation page
> mentioned above:
> "The bugs are fixed manually in Web-LingTool by placing the '~'
> character to a different position"
> Removing all explicitly defined accelerators would remove such bug fixes.

The guidelines in http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html item 3
only mention "newly translating strings": existing accelerators can be
left as they ae, they won't break anything (except, possibly, making
more difficult some automated matches in translation management).

Regards,
   Andrea.