openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single Printout
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:57:36 GMT
Hi

2013/6/12 Kadal Amutham <vkadal@gmail.com>:
> Then one can sort and find out how many repetitive sentences are available
> and how to handle them

Humm... Kadal, correct me, if i did some mistake, but your request is
based in the same string many times in differents parts into
translation, right?

If yes, i strongly recommend you to use a translation tool like
lokalize[1], part of KDE, where have a very nice resource: fill
automatically the strings with 100% match. You can use what you
already have translated as base form MT (machine translation), and if
it find some string with 2 or more 100% match, it mark this string as
fuzzy.
[1]http://www.kde.org/applications/development/lokalize/

So, after this automated proccess, you need pass the strings,
reviewing where is fuzzy (accepting or correcting) and giving a step
up when is translated.

If no, as Jurgen said, is possible to open a sdi file in Calc and play
with it there. I did it 10 years ago (wow... i'm old..) :-p ;-)

Bests,
Claudio