openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Kadal Amutham <vka...@gmail.com>
Subject Standardization of Translation
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 04:24:07 GMT
I am writing this w.r.t Tamil translation. This may apply to other
languages too. For example, I am translation a word "Bar" into Tamil.  If I
refer any English to Tamil dictionary  I will get 5 words, which closely
mean bar. I may be choosing one, and another translator may chose another.

I am the only translator for Tamil. Today I will chose one translation, and
after few days , I will chose another.

If someone can give a list of often repeated words, then a table can be
formed with translated words. Whenever that word appears to be translated,
that table can be referred.
With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480