openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Polish translation of Sidebar
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:54:58 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Mateusz . <polishaoo@outlook.com> wrote:

>> - state in the issue body that you are the author of the contributed
>> > files and that you are contributing them under the Apache License,
>> > version 2.
>
> By the way, I see that our translations are licensed under MPL / LGPLv3+. MPL is compatible
with AL v2, isn't it? So why don't you just a copy appropriate files?

Best not to start a detailed legal analysis of what "compatible"
means.  It doesn't mean what most people think it means.  In any case
Apache products accept contributions under the Apache License.  The
author of code or a translation can apply that license without much
difficulty, by merely stating that they make the materials available
under the Apache License 2.0.

Regards,

-Rob