openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From "Mateusz ." <polish...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Polish translation of Sidebar
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:34:48 GMT
> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:51:17 +0200
> From: jogischmidt@gmail.com
> To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Polish translation of Sidebar
>
> On 6/3/13 12:30 PM, Mateusz . wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I translated sidebar in LibreOffice which (how we know) comes from AOO4. I see your
project suffer from lack of Polish translators so I thought it would be fair, giving back
something from LO community.

> > I downloaded ZIP file from Pootle and looked for "sidebar.po" files. All files are
included in attachment. Today we anticipate LO 4.1 beta2 release and I am about to farther
polish our translation. If you are going to use them I can send you these files after every
update.

> > http://www.fastshare.org/download/Polish_sidebar_.zip
> >

> Hi Mateusz,
>
> we appreciate very much your help. To accept your patches (po files) we
> need some written approval from you that you contribute your work under
> the ALv2 to AOO. Ideally a signed iCLA. The iCLA at Apache is often put
> in the wrong context and misunderstood. It is an assurance for all users
> of any Apache software that the work/contribution is made by the
> contributor of this piece of work and not copied or made by from anybody
> else.
>

> I hope you don't see this as hurdle for your contribution. A iCLA is
> especially important if you plan to contribute some translation on a
> regular basis in the future.
>
> Thanks
>
> Juergen

Hey

To be honest with you I don't want send my data to any organization. I specially crate this
e-mail alias to get more anonymity (and less spam), and suddenly someone want my last name
and home address. Of course I dont assume that Apache will sell my personal data, but this
dealing is just against my privacy policy. There is another problem. According to http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
i must send back scan of statement, but I don't have scanner. For now I really can only send
e-mail with license statement. I think about iCLA in near future.

So, where should I send statement?