openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native Site Update
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 16:18:36 GMT
Christos Stefanidis wrote:
> I see different structure and pages from the English one. What should I do?
> ...try to be alike the today's English brunch and delete any of the old
> ones? Can I add my own html touches? Please advice if there is a template.

This is up to you. We've had different approaches so far, but this is
mostly due to a lot of legacy pages that most languages would need to
rearrange. Note: if you go for a full redesign, the web-based CMS won't
be enough. You will need to checkout your files in SVN. You would start with
svn checkout
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/el
and then we can explain more.

> Moreover I want to know:
> 1. I see some people http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html and
> many references to outside urls. Keep them as shown, or add them to cwiki,
> some of them are referred as donations.

This is marked as a legacy page and can stay as such.

> 2. I see: "Translation of OpenOffice.org in Greek coordinates Kostas
> Papadimas. http://forum.opengr.net/ " and an non-official forum site. Is he
> around?
> More:
> http://www.openoffice.org/el/adresses.html
> Dimitris Korbeti korb at openoffice dot org
> Costas Koumantaros kkoum at openoffice dot org
> Are they here, as well?

Haven't heard these names on the l10n list so far. Keep in mind that
everything @openoffice.org (e-mail addresses, mailing lists) was retired
in early 2012 (or around that time).

> Greek mailing list. Are those alive? Can we use?

Same. If they are @openoffice.org (or @el.openoffice.org), they are now
dead. But you can surely create a Greek user list. You need a short
discussion on the dev list (justifying that there will be some traffic
there) and then you can ask for a list to be created. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4512 for an example (your
list can be named general-el@openoffice.apache.org for example).

Regards,
   Andrea.