openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Pedro Albuquerque <palbuquerqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native Site Update
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 18:09:28 GMT
Em 03/08/2013 17:18, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
> Christos Stefanidis wrote:
>> I see different structure and pages from the English one. What should
>> I do?
>> ...try to be alike the today's English brunch and delete any of the old
>> ones? Can I add my own html touches? Please advice if there is a
>> template.
>
> This is up to you. We've had different approaches so far, but this is
> mostly due to a lot of legacy pages that most languages would need to
> rearrange. Note: if you go for a full redesign, the web-based CMS
> won't be enough. You will need to checkout your files in SVN. You
> would start with
> svn checkout
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/el
> and then we can explain more.
>
>> Moreover I want to know:
>> 1. I see some people http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html and
>> many references to outside urls. Keep them as shown, or add them to
>> cwiki,
>> some of them are referred as donations.
>
> This is marked as a legacy page and can stay as such.
>
>> 2. I see: "Translation of OpenOffice.org in Greek coordinates Kostas
>> Papadimas. http://forum.opengr.net/ " and an non-official forum site.
>> Is he
>> around?
>> More:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/el/adresses.html
>> Dimitris Korbeti korb at openoffice dot org
>> Costas Koumantaros kkoum at openoffice dot org
>> Are they here, as well?
>
> Haven't heard these names on the l10n list so far. Keep in mind that
> everything @openoffice.org (e-mail addresses, mailing lists) was
> retired in early 2012 (or around that time).

>> references for
>> Greek mailing list. Are those alive? Can we use?
>
> Same. If they are @openoffice.org (or @el.openoffice.org), they are
> now dead. But you can surely create a Greek user list. You need a
> short discussion on the dev list (justifying that there will be some
> traffic there) and then you can ask for a list to be created. See
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4512 for an example (your
> list can be named general-el@openoffice.apache.org for example).
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Hi,
I've been following this subject. I tried to do something about
Portuguese - Pt pages but it's too much for me. I'm a complete rookie
with Web pages (absolute zero would define me better). So, to keep the
site up to date, (and so far it seems that I'm the only one interested
in Portugal) I see two options:

 1. to start over, it would really make it easy for me if there was a
    template, a base page (with only the essential and legal information
    and links) to use as an example and, eventually, from there extend a
    little the information present. That way, maybe I could try and
    develop other sub-pages off line and add them when fully checked. It
    would surely make me more comfortable doing that work; about this
    link,
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/pt,
    it should be the appropriate for me, right? Can I use the code with
    other software? Some kind of WYSIWYG? Or would it be best to star
    over? I read about one here,
    http://web-design-software-review.toptenreviews.com/web-easy-professional-review.html
    that should be simple to use and not very expensive. Is it possible
    to upload the final result to AOO site/trunk(??!)?
 2. to change all the previous work using ASF CMS bookmarklet is still a
    bit (lot) confusing to me so I would humbly ask for a guide, like
    "ASF CMS for complete dummies", or "Update a AOO Web page using ASF
    CMS in five steps" in order to achieve a decent result for a
    software that I like more every day I use it.

Please tell me what you think. I would really like to help (or do it on
my own) update a very simple Portuguese - PT page.
Regards,
     Pedro.