openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native Site Update
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 15:20:39 GMT
On 03/08/2013 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> 1. to start over, it would really make it easy for me if there was a
> template, a base page (with only the essential and legal information
> and links) to use as an example and, eventually, from there extend a
> little the information present. That way, maybe I could try and
> develop other sub-pages off line and add them when fully checked.

If this is your orientation, then I suggest that you take Rob's
suggestion from this same thread: it is possible to clone the English
site and then you will translate the strings, like the Spanish site
does. In terms of difficulty, it's just like translating the help strings.

The "template" (footer, legal disclaimer) is automatically applied.

To edit pages, you would need a simple text editor, like Notepad++ (free
download for Windows). Other tools won't be suitable for this work.

Note that we also have a "proof of concept" of using PO files:
http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/rn2po/
but this is more a long-term possibility, so if you want something
usable now Rob's offer to clone the English page would be best for you too.

> 2. to change all the previous work using ASF CMS bookmarklet is still a
> bit (lot) confusing to me so I would humbly ask for a guide

The bookmarklet is helpful if you need to make a quick fix. I find it
much less convenient if one is creating new pages. In your case, you
would simply use SVN: checkout (download), edit offline (with Notepad++
or similar editor), commit (upload).

Regards,
   Andrea.