openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need AOO in my language: from other.html
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 15:14:03 GMT
On 09/08/2013 Gunnar FORSBERG wrote:
> I am not god för writing in english, but let me tray. I hops you understand me.
> I con not find a download in swedish. What is the problem? Can I belt to finnish the
work?

Welcome Gunnar, the problem is simply that the Swedish translation is
incomplete, so you can definitely help.

Swedish is at 98%, so very close to completion.

The tool we use is called Pootle and you can see in action here:
https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/
there is a "Continue translation" link and you can use it to get an idea.

If, after having a look, you feel like you are able to complete the
Swedish translation (it's about 2000 words, so definitely feasible),
please answer this mail saying that you need a personal account for
Pootle and that your contributions are under the Apache 2 license (the
OpenOffice licence).

We will then create a personal account for you, and you will be able to
do real translation (without a personal account you can only make
suggestions).

I recommend that you also read
http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html if you haven't already done
it, but we will provide guidance on this mailing list too.

Regards,
   Andrea.