openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native Site Update
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 15:53:29 GMT
2013/8/4 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>

> On 03/08/2013 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>
>> 1. to start over, it would really make it easy for me if there was a
>> template, a base page (with only the essential and legal information
>> and links) to use as an example and, eventually, from there extend a
>> little the information present. That way, maybe I could try and
>> develop other sub-pages off line and add them when fully checked.
>>

> If this is your orientation, then I suggest that you take Rob's suggestion
> from this same thread: it is possible to clone the English site and then
> you will translate the strings, like the Spanish site does. In terms of
> difficulty, it's just like translating the help strings.
>
> The "template" (footer, legal disclaimer) is automatically applied.
>
> To edit pages, you would need a simple text editor, like Notepad++ (free
> download for Windows). Other tools won't be suitable for this work.
>
> Note that we also have a "proof of concept" of using PO files:
> http://people.apache.org/~**pescetti/tmp/rn2po/<http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/rn2po/>
> but this is more a long-term possibility, so if you want something usable
> now Rob's offer to clone the English page would be best for you too.
>

>  2. to change all the previous work using ASF CMS bookmarklet is still a
>> bit (lot) confusing to me so I would humbly ask for a guide
>>

> The bookmarklet is helpful if you need to make a quick fix. I find it much
> less convenient if one is creating new pages. In your case, you would
> simply use SVN: checkout (download), edit offline (with Notepad++ or
> similar editor), commit (upload).

An important note if you are not used to html is how to write diacritics:
for example, to avoid problems with browsers set with different character
encodings you don't write รก but &#225; or &aacute; (it's equivalent) and so
on.

Here it is an online unicode to html converter:

http://www.unicodetools.com/unicode/convert-to-html.php

Regards
Ricardo