openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pootle and SDF update actions (Re: Ukrainian 4.0 Pootle)
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 11:56:43 GMT
On 3 August 2013 13:49, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> On 30/07/2013 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>
>> In general I would tend to synchronize all but I would like to avoid
>> overhead as well. If there is nobody working on a language it will take
>> our time to work with this files for nothing.
>> What do others think? Should we focus on active languages and add
>> further languages on demand only? Or should do a one time shot and
>> synchronize all to remove the sdf files and have everything as po files
>> as part of Jan's work.
>>

> In this moment, the best solution (which requires a lot of work,
> unfortunately; but it would be a one-time update) would be:
>
> 1) For languages that have 3.4.1 but not 4.0.0 in Pootle (e.g., bg or sr):
> update Pootle-3.4.1 -> trunk SDF files as a backup, to save work done so
> far.
>
> 2) For languages that have 4.0.0 in Pootle: update Pootle-4.0.0 -> trunk
> SDF files, to get corrections done after 4.0 was released (e.g., de)
>
> 3) Import all files, for all the 120+ supported languages, back from SDF
> to Pootle, in a new "4.0.1" project or in the old 4.0.0 project as
> Juergen/Jan see best for the sake of releases and the new genLang.

This is actual a thing in both directions, for 3.4.1 we have lang in pootle
which are not in sdf, and lang. in sdf which are not in pootle.

But the result should be all lang in pootle and sdf, identically.

> 4) Remove the old 3.4.1 (and 4.0.0) from Pootle so that we only have one
> active Pootle project, in sync with trunk, and we can immediately use
> volunteers who in the current setting have to wait and can't do anything
> (like, at the moment, sr, sh and bg).

I am strongly for a 4.0.1 project. I would like to keep 4.0 as we released
it (put it RO), this is the only way to see changes easily. when we change
4.0, we need additional info for language BZ issues (when did you download)
to identify the status.

Just a little advice, once genLang goes live, a number of pootle keys will
change, so after that point it will not be easy to compare old work with
new work.

rgds
jan I.