openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving Translation
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 14:14:04 GMT
On 11 August 2013 15:59, Mechtilde <ooo@mechtilde.de> wrote:

> Hello JanI,
>
> In the *.po file for my example I find the following information:
> #. extracted from accessibility/source/helper.oo
> msgid ""
> msgstr ""
> "Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
> "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To:
> http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/enter_bug.cgi?comment="
>
> "&component=l10n&form_name=enter_issue&short_desc=Localization+issue+in+file%"
> "3A+accessibility%2Fsource%2Fhelper.oo&subcomponent=ui\n"
> "POT-Creation-Date: 2013-06-19 08:29+0000\n"
> "PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
> "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
> "Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"
> "Language: de\n"
>
> #: accessiblestrings.src#RID_STR_ACC_NAME_BROWSEBUTTON.string.text
> msgid "Browse"
> msgstr "Durchsuchen"
>
> #: accessiblestrings.src#RID_STR_ACC_DESC_PANELDECL_TABBAR.string.text
> msgid "Panel Deck Tab Bar"
> msgstr "Aufgabenbereich-Registerleiste"
>
> neither the KeyID nor the text like "STRING XXXXXXXX".

Sorry for my misunderstanding, I am deep in genLang so KeyId is something
different to me.

The text "String XXXX.." seems to be the database record number, and may
change when we upload changed po files (depending on the implementation).

the keyID is build by our build procedure as you write, and I dont think
there is a relation.

jsc explained to the that the kid is contained in its own sdf file (not
converted to po)
http://www.mail-archive.com/l10n@openoffice.apache.org/msg01556.html

hope that helps a bit
rgds