openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Error in po file generation for passwdomdlg.src
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:11:36 GMT
Hi.

I am currently comparing all strings in 4.0.1 templates, with strings
generated by genLang. During this exercise I found a wrong template in
4.0.1:

file cui/source/dialogs/passwdomdlg.src contains (among other strings, line
87 on my system):

    FixedText FT_PASSWD_NOTE
    {
        Pos = MAP_APPFONT( 6, 80 );
        Size = MAP_APPFONT( 159, 4*8 );     // some extra space for
translation in other languages
        Text [ en-US ] = "Note: After a password has been set, the document
will only open with "\
                "the password. Should you lose the password, there will be
no way to "\
                "recover the document. Please also note that this password
is case-sensitive.";
        WordBreak = TRUE;
    };

However templates/cui/source/dialogs.pot contains (line 1389):

#:
passwdomdlg.src#RID_DLG_PASSWORD_TO_OPEN_MODIFY.FT_PASSWD_NOTE.fixedtext.text
msgid "Note: After a password has been set, the document will only open
with "
msgstr ""

This text is sent to translation, but is rather different from the text in
the source tree.

Have I missed something, or are we translating a wrong message ?

rgds
jan I.