openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Christos Stefanidis <xstefani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Native Site Update
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 16:03:01 GMT
Rob, please set me up a test site to work on the el brunch template site.

Q: I've a copy of
topnav.mdtext<https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/wc/browse/christef-R7bMAu/trunk/content/el/topnav.mdtext>
on
/el/ and brand.mdtext<https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/wc/browse/christef-R7bMAu/trunk/content/el/brand.mdtext>
but
I cannot understand why the auto-header menu is steel appearing-appending
the English texts. Do I need something else?

/Christos.

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Rob Weir <
robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> It is possible to start fresh with a new home page for Greek and/or
> Portuguese.  If we did that we'd start with the same template used for
> the English home page.  This can be translated, e.g., here is the
> German version:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/de/
>
> This would require translating the entire root page, and optionally
> translating some of the linked pages.   As you see the German page
> translates the linked download page as well.
>
> But the Spanish page translates the many of the other pages one-level deep:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/es/
>
> This can grow over time, starting with just the root page and adding
> more translations later.
>
> If you like this approach let me know and I can set up a "test" site
> where you can work on the translation.  When it is ready we can then
> copy it over and replace the existing Greek site.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

*Χρήστος Στεφανίδης
www.stefanidis.info