openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
Subject Failing Checks
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:17:48 GMT
Vladislav,

brackets failure checks on:
"brackets

Checks that the number of brackets in both strings match.

If ([{ or }]) appear in the original this will check that the same
number appear in the translation."

So it only counts the number of brackets in the original string and
compares that
with the number of brackets in the translation

Can't say if you can skip them, depends on the linguistic rules for your
language
In Dutch we sometimes place sentences between brackets to elaborate things.
Then the check kicks in and says its wrong but we then skip that check
for that string.

If you are convinced that you have the right amount of brackets in the
translation then you're OK

--
DiGro