openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Apache OpenOffice genLang project
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:42:30 GMT
Hi.

I have just uploaded new PO files with the utf-8 problem solved (thanks to
a very alert community).

Content of the project are:
- all languages we have somewhere in our repository, updated to 4.x trunk
strings
- help files are not populated, due to lack of time.

For those who have not read about the suggested new workflow, this wiki
link might be of interest:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_AOO/new_proposal

The short version of the workflow is:

1) the template files (.pot, see langauge = template) are generated
automatically by our build process

2) a pootle admin import them into the database, single click in the gui

3) a pootle admin updates all language files (.po), single click in the gui.

4) translators review any "fuzzy" strings (meaning the en-US text changed)
and translate new strings

5) a pootle admin update our svn repository, with the language changes

6) we build a version with langauges

7) translators test their translation.

A lot of details and possible different roads have been left out to give a
simplied picture.

Status of the project is that we can generate the .pot files, and convert
existing .po files.

rgds
jan I.

PS. Do not waste time translating these files, they are there just for the
purpose of demonstration and test.