openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From "Olivier R." <olivier.nore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: French extension update
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 19:01:09 GMT
2013/8/28 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>

> On 17/08/2013 Olivier R. wrote:
>
>> I just uploaded new version of both extensions.
>>

> Thanks for this, but in the meantime I found out that we can use a
> safer/additional approach, i.e., "blacklisting" the obsolete IDs during the
> profile update.

Good news.

This way, if someone installs OpenOffice 4.0.1 in French over OpenOffice
> 4.0.0 in French, the old French dictionary extension is ignored when
> migrating the profile.
>
> Do you have a list of all the extension IDs that are obsoleted by the new
> extension? This way users will have the new extension only and no conflicts
> will arise.

Here are the IDs of obsolete extensions:

french.modern-dictionary.from.Dicollecte.by.OlivierR
french.classic-dictionary.from.Dicollecte.by.OlivierR
french.reform1990-dictionary.from.Dicollecte.by.OlivierR
french.classic-and-reform1990-dictionary.from.Dicollecte.by.OlivierR

You should also disable old versions of Grammalecte, for these extensions
will be confused by the new dictionaries and will generate a lot of false
positives.

The old extension IDs are:
org.openoffice.comp.pyuno.lightproof.oxt.grammalecte
org.openoffice.comp.pyuno.lightproof.oxt.dicollecte_fr_FR

Regards,
Olivier