openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject New Locale data
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 04:32:41 GMT
Hi a user asked me about introducing new languages into AOO. Since
most of my info on this topic is outdated, and the introductory
modules don't address languages that are not yet in the OpenOffice
repo. I would like to verify the steps on these topic for the list.

AFAIK, ther is a bunch of modifications to the 18ln files in the
source code as well as attaching new projects on Pootle and such.

For the time being, I guess they can start with the locale of the
dictionary through the MySpell tools, and other related modules. Which
are a bit independent from AOO.

Can anyone clarify the current process for adding new languages?

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor