openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Michal Hriň <michal.h...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help file
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 14:57:57 GMT
Dňa Fri, 06 Sep 2013 22:28:23 +0200 Vladislav Stevanovic
<stevanovicvladislav@gmail.com> napísal:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to translate Help file for AOO 4.0.
> In File: helpcontent2/source/text/swriter.po there is lot of strings like
> this:
> <link href="text/swriter/01/04180400.xhp" name="Exchange Database">
> What I need to translate in string like this at all?

Hi Vladislav,

help content is something similar like HTML tags, href means a link to
file - this
has to be unchanged. name is another tag so this stays unchanged too.

Only string you can translate is text in quotes in name tag "Exchange
Database".

F.e. (gtransalte)

<link href="text/swriter/01/04180400.xhp" name="Размена података">

in Slovak:

<link href="text/swriter/01/04180400.xhp" name="Výmena databázy">

I try to test the meaning of name tag look at picture:

http://people.apache.org/~hrin/xcahnge.png

Open a Help in product, click on Find tab and type "Exchange Database" ...
and Find.
The name tag means the string you looking for. In this example you see
that I have it
translated wrong Exchange database instead Vymena databazy.

HTH

Regards,
Michal Hriň