openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From kj...@kemedhaug.net
Subject Re: annoying native language
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 08:44:58 GMT
It is possible to have OpenOffice in Romanian, but you need to search
a bit. Also, the installation is more cumbersome than for a regular
build, but not a lot more.

There is no finished Romanian solution in the Apache versions, so you
need to click the "legacy" option in the downloads box on the home
page (see lower right of the box, version number "3.3.0"). Also, there
is no Romanian build, so you must first download and install a full
version in your language of choice (from the options presented), then
download and install the Romanian language pack on top of that.

When all is installed, go to the Tools - Options menu item to adjust
language settings.

I know nothing of Romanian, so I have no idea how good that
translation is. Also, the translation for current version is 10%
finished, according to the translation service, so it may be a while
before you can have the newest version in your language.

Regards
Kjell