openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Pedro Albuquerque <palbuquerqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Skills, Resources and Mentors
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:40:19 GMT
Em 30/09/2013 16:58, Rob Weir escreveu:
> This projects depends on volunteer efforts.  We have many routine
> tasks that need to be performed during a release cycle and even during
> ordinarily operation of our website and other public-facing services.
>
> In many cases a given task is well-understood and many members of the
> project understand how to do it.  For example, moderating the mailing
> lists.  In other areas we might only have a single person who really
> understands how to do a task.   We also have many volunteers, signing
> up on the mailing list and asking how to help, on nearly a daily
> basis.
>
> There should be a way that we can more clearly identify what the
> routine tasks are, who knows how to do them, who wants to learn how to
> do them, and who is willing to mentor or teach others how to get
> started.
>
> So I've started the following wiki page to track some of the most
> common tasks in the project:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Skills,+Resources+and+Mentors
>
> Feel free to insert additional tasks, or to add your name as an
> expert, mentor or someone who wants to learn.
>
> (Of course there are many other routine tasks performed by Apache
> Infra and not listed here.  I'm focused on the tasks that are owned by
> the AOO project)
>
> This might also help is identify areas where we are currently
> dependent on a single person and want to train a backup, to cover for
> holidays, etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Hi Rob,
I would be interested in learning in how to update a translation and
everything about Websites, this one beginning from scratch .
As far as I know there is no one else in my country working on AOO, so
it will probably be needed. Of course, being a volunteer I may,
sometimes, have time restrictions but I'll do all I can.
Like Taj said I couldn't edit the page also, so I'm letting you know
this way.
Regards,
Pedro.